This is a summer-long cohort to help promote academic engagement, social engagement, high school readiness skills, and academic skills. Each week students will explore a theme within a group of age-appropriate peers. Each cohort will be lead by an EEC Executive Function Coach.
- Shark Week
- Undersea Life
- 2020 Olympics
- National Parks
- Extreme Hobbies
- Mission to Mars
- Life Without Internet
- Taking Flight
- Extinction week
Below are skills that students will develop during group lessons, and initiate on their own as they prepare for sessions each week.
- Planning and prioritizing skills - task management/time management
- Homework management skills
- Writing skills - text to speech / pre-writing / editing
- Reading skills - metacognition / audio format
- Creative skills - drawing, building, etc.
- Research skills - people and places of interest
- Group social skills
Participants will be automatically enrolled in the Mastering Middle School Program. They will work with their coach to help plan their summer work, and make a successful transition to the new school year. Participants will address topics related to organization, agenda & portal routines, follow through on tasks, assignment management, and test-taking tips to reduce anxiety.